Some of my work:
Art Prints

Whimsical Artists: Scott Plaster's Artist Home Page Whimsical Artists: Scott Plaster's claw

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cosmic Cow: "Crab in Space" Underpainting

Picture of Scott Plaster
"Crab in Space" Underpainting
by Scott Plaster - Saturday, 14 February 2009, 03:36 PM
OK, here is the completed "Crab in Space" underpainting. I used only two colors (cobalt blue and raw umber) to draw the crab and establish some color in the background. At this stage, I look to see if I'm happy with the conversation and lights/darks. This process gets me more familiar with the lines of the shapes and how they will interplay with each other. I'm still not sure what I'll do with the background. I'll let this dry and then start with the background to see what might happen next:


No comments: