Some of my work:
Art Prints

Whimsical Artists: Scott Plaster's Artist Home Page Whimsical Artists: Scott Plaster's claw

Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Study in Greys" - Poetry and Art

Study in Greys - Poetry and Art
I don't think I have this "preserved" anywhere, so I thought I would do that here. This painting and poem was my submission for last year's "Poetic Expressions" contest at the Gallery of the Arts. The idea was to pair a poem and painting, for one to inspire the other. I started with the painting and wrote the poem based on it:



"Study in Greys"
Greyness broke our footfall,
One brick down and one brick back.
Once the clay washed off the peak
Falling grey, then white, then black.

The graves are where the bones 
Of ash collected when we wept.
We built the walls around our heart
To protect the ones who slept.

----------
Complete the puzzle to see the painting:















Solve more puzzles at my website at http://puzzles.scottplaster.com.

No comments: