Some of my work:
Art Prints

Whimsical Artists: Scott Plaster's Artist Home Page Whimsical Artists: Scott Plaster's claw

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Whimsical Artist Scott Plaster Joins DAG


Laura Farrow's "Crying Man"
Whimsical Artist Scott Plaster Joins DAG

A few weeks ago I was honored to be invited by the Director (Taj Forer) personally to join the Durham Arts Guild (DAG). Taj is an internationally recognized photographer with work all across the US and Europe. He came across my work and asked me to join, and I was thrilled!

The DAG is among the five oldest arts guilds in the entire country. They have two gallery spaces in downtown Durham. It has members from across the state.

Therese and I went to the opening of the Annual Members' Show and we were so impressed with the quality of work. I'll have a few exhibition opportunities (seasonal open shows, a juried show, and the chance to apply for a solo), and I'm really excited to be a part of such a talented, diverse group. Here were some of our favorites from the show:

Lilly Langer's "Fields of Red Clay"


Crystal Lee's "Kim" 
Dave Milkereit's "Bull City Ride"

Derrick Bryant's "First Sunset"


Detail of "Man Crying"

Deborah Younglao's "Lotus Field"


Crystal O. Hardt's "The Barefoot Girl"

Great Turnout!

What a talented group of artists!

--Whimsical Artist Scott Plaster
http://scottplaster.com

No comments: